So yeah, futbal_minibang! With superheroes!
Title: Origin Stories
Word Count: ~9000
Summary: Karim Benzema is an average guy, who accidentally develops superpowers.
(As always, click on the images for full size)
It's all about the super!Benz *nods sagely*
... but he wouldn't have gotten far without Raphaël.
Now, there was supposed to be more art - of the lovely Team Evil, to be specific - but because of aforementioned exams and the subsequent time restraint... We (I) decided on a fanmix instead. It's slightly kitsch-y, but I think that's pretty appropriate when it comes to superheroes, right?
To download the songs, just right-click save each file (all are direct links to song files, so you should be able to play them in your browser as well) and enjoy!
1. (I wish I could fly like) Superman - The Kinks
2. Superhero - Tim McMorris
3. Superhero - BIGkids
4. Hero - Chad Kroeger
5. Superhero - Jane's Addiction
6. My Hero - Paramore
7. Believe It Or Not - Joey Scarbury
8. My Hero Is You - Hayden Panettiere
9. Lass Uns Verschwinden - Wir Sind Helden
10. Hero - Charlotte Perrelli
11. Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler
A Star Is Born - Hercules OST
My Hero - Foo Fighters (original version)
Now go on and read the fic, if you haven't yet!
Reasons why you should:
- This fic embodies what I call Karim's "resting despair face". If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's this expression he gets, that seems to say "no, this is not happening to me, if I ignore it long enough, I'm sure it'll all turn out to just be a bad dream" and that sentiment is exactly this fic.
- Raphaël is a massive geek and a massive sweetheart and Karim would be nowhere without him (in fact, he would be covered in spoons).
- Barcelona. Team Evil. You know you love it. (I should mention I have nothing against Barcelona - as long they're not winning a classico)
- If you're not in football fandom: all good! You don't need to know about football, you can simply read about an unwitting and reluctant superhero!
- And finally: Because you need to show trimalchio some love! It's been awesome working with her (short, but sweet), and she's fighting the good fight with a tiny ship, like a true superhero ;)
PS: Art will be posted on tumblr in the next couple of days. I just haven't touched my account in about 3 years, so it needs dusting off first